Hi Hiworld support,
I have a 2011 BMW 125i E82 with an aftermarket MT8163 Android head unit and Hiworld CANBUS.
My current CAN information is:
CAN version: 42.0.1.20250623
MCU: CVD1810-WJ_24.09.21_399
System: AJ_2025.05.23.01_3_2424
CAN profile currently being tested: BMW/MINI → BMW 3 E9X → BMW3_W03
The problem is with standby/sleep behaviour.
When I remove the key, the Android head unit initially goes into standby correctly. If I put the key back in shortly afterwards, the unit wakes immediately and continues where it left off.
However, after the car has been parked for a while and the BMW CAN network goes to sleep, the head unit appears to shut down completely. When I return to the car it performs a full Android cold boot instead of waking from standby.
I have set the Android standby option to “Never standby”, but this does not prevent the shutdown.
I previously used the Hiworld BMWE_W01 profile (BMW E39/E46/E83), but that profile is not correct for my E82. BMW3_W03 works better: steering-wheel controls work and the head unit can communicate with/update the vehicle clock.
Questions:
1. Is BMW3_W03 the recommended Hiworld CAN profile for a 2011 BMW E82?
2. Is the CAN box intentionally switching off ACC/power when the BMW enters deep sleep?
3. Should the head unit remain in standby indefinitely when “Never standby” is selected?
4. Is there a newer Hiworld CAN firmware that fixes standby/ACC behaviour for BMW E8x/E9x vehicles?
5. If an update is available, could you please provide the correct firmware and update procedure for my CAN box?
I would prefer not to remove the head unit from the dashboard again unless the CAN-box hardware number is absolutely required.