Mazda 3 BL (2012) Integration Issues with TEYES CC4 and Hiworld Decoder (MZF1.20)

Post Reply
Bruttallus
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:24 pm

Mazda 3 BL (2012) Integration Issues with TEYES CC4 and Hiworld Decoder (MZF1.20)

Post by Bruttallus »

Hello,

I own a Mazda 3 BL (2012 facelift, European market, non-Bose audio system). I recently purchased a TEYES CC4 head unit, which came with a Hiworld CAN-BUS decoder (Model: MZF1.20).

I believe I connected everything correctly based on the installation guides and diagrams I found online. After the initial boot, I successfully updated both the head unit software and the CAN-BUS protocol database to the latest available versions.
122.jpg
122.jpg (159.72 KiB) Viewed 6 times
133.jpg
133.jpg (242.3 KiB) Viewed 6 times
In the factory settings, I selected the Hiworld -> Mazda -> MAZDA 3 profile and saved it. However, the steering wheel multimedia buttons did not work automatically at all.
11.jpg
11.jpg (165.11 KiB) Viewed 6 times
To get them working, I had to manually map/learn the Volume +, Volume -, Next track, and Previous track buttons in the settings. I can also map the MODE button, but there is no option in the TEYES software to make it behave exactly like the factory MODE function.

Unfortunately, the lower phone buttons—Answer Call, End Call, and Voice Command (the button with the speaking head icon)—do not work at all, and the radio does not respond to them during the manual learning process.

Regarding the car displays and features, here is what is happening:
• The small factory blue screen in the car displays the radio frequency, but the RDS station name text is missing and does not work. In BT show only BT0 or OFF
• The small display does not show the volume level bar when I change the volume.
• When I turn on the option in the radio to read/sync the outside temperature from the car, it does not work.
• The open door animation on the head unit screen works, but only after I manually enable this feature in the radio settings—it does not work automatically on its own.
• I am also unable to control the car's climate settings directly from the head unit screen.

The head unit definitely communicates with the CAN-BUS box properly. In the system settings, the radio correctly detects the decoder and displays the following firmware version: H1H2MZF10B-230527 (it does not show "Unknown" or "Disconnected").


Is there any way or a specific protocol profile to fix this so that everything works automatically and natively without manual key mapping, and the missing features start working? Or is this a known limitation of the Mazda 3 BL platform that cannot be resolved?

Thank you for your help, and I look forward to your advice!
Post Reply